2015 Recap

8:00 AM

How is it already the end of January?! Before we get too deep into 2016, I thought it'd be nice to recap our (very eventful) 2015 for my own personal memory bank.

2015 will always be one of my favorite years ever - it was the year I married my best friend, and the only man on this planet I would ever want to do life with. Doing life without him for a little while was not fun and I never want to do that again.

So, here's our 2015 in review!

January


2015 started with a bang! We celebrated NYE in Atlanta for my cousins' gorgeous wedding, came home to have two osteochondromas removed on my right knee, and ended it celebrating my Bridal Shower in crutches!

February



This was probably the most jam-packed month of 2015! It started with bachelor/bachelorette parties with our siblings: the fiancé took his brothers to the mountains, and my sister and I spent a weekend in Seattle together. For Valentine's Day, Joey surprised me with a weekend trip to NYC (I didn't know where we were going until I checked us in at the airport!) to see Elephant Man front-row, center with Bradley Cooper, the 9/11 Memorial, and my other half/little sis Elise! He's too good to me. We rounded out the month with our respective bachelor/bachelorette parties (I only have pictures from mine...hmmm): my amazing girlfriends and I celebrated in Napa, while J and his boys went to Las Vegas.

March



We signed the lease on our first home together - ever! - and celebrated with my family's tradition of eating your first meal on the floor. Of course it was Chipotle. From there, Joey went to Newcastle, England to celebrate our friend's Stag-Do (Bachelor Party) while I hosted his fiancée's Bridal Shower. Two days after he returned home, we headed to Nashville for our final wedding planning visit! We had our second cake tasting (...whoops), our food tasting (which is the only time I ever ate our wedding food), and buried a bottle of bourbon upside down to keep the rain away (which it did!).

April



The biggest and BEST month of all! I turned 26 with a slothy birthday party (aka movie marathon), went to Vegas for my bestie's Bachelorette, and flew to Nashville the next week for our WEDDING! We got married on the most perfect, beautiful day, and left the next morning for the beginning of our honeymoon at The Naka Island off of the coast of Phuket in Thailand!

May



On May 2nd we flew from Phuket to Koh Samui and had the most amazing stay at the Le Meridien there! Two weeks in Thailand was such an incredible and unforgettable way to start off our marriage and we talk about our honeymoon every single day - it was amazing! We came home (after an unexpected and fun layover with friends in Hong Kong!) and moved into our new place, Joey started a new job, and we celebrated the Mad Men finale by dressing up with our friends!

June


Our best friends got married and there was a British invasion for a few weeks which was so fun! We got settled into married life, our wedding photos came in (yay!), Joey's brother graduated from High School, and my baby sister got promoted from 6th grade and ended her Elementary School career!

July


I chopped off 17 inches (!!!) of hair and donated it, we celebrated the 4th of July with family and friends, celebrated birthdays, and spent a long weekend at one of our favorite places in the world - our family ranch in Sun Valley, Idaho!

August



August was a welcomed mellow month! We saw Kenny Chesney at the Rose Bowl with friends, Joey's little sister came to visit, we celebrated our friend's Doctorate, and marked our four-month anniversary with a Thai-themed date night - complete with Tiger beer!

September



My baby sister turned 13 and we celebrated with floor seats to Taylor Swift's 1989 Concert where I totally fangirled that Chrissy Teigen was in our section. We made one last trip to visit our friends while they were living in Temecula, went camping (my first time!) in Big Bear, made our first big purchase as a married couple - my new car! - quickly followed by our second biggest purchase - Cooper! Ryann started middle school at the school Joey and I met, football season started, and I took my annual trip to Baltimore for work.

October



October is always a busy month for us! We celebrated our 9 year dating anniversary at our favorite Italian restaurant - Sabatinos, took a trip to Tuscaloosa for the Tennessee game, celebrated Joey's birthday as Donald and Melania Trump at The Magic Castle in LA, and spent Halloween in San Diego! Another highlight of the month was the CdM Home Tour with my mama which we've been dying to do together for years!

November



We had an epic brunch date with friends, Elise and I spend a girls weekend in Palm Beach, we picked out our first Costanzo Christmas tree, and spent Thanksgiving with Joey's "new" family in New Jersey!

December



It wouldn't be December if it wasn't crazy! Our wedding was featured in - and on the cover of - Nashville Lifestyles Weddings Magazine, we decorated for Christmas, went down to San Diego to watch the Broncos play the Chargers with friends, hosted a small Christmas party at our house,  and went to Arizona for the weekend to visit my cousins before they were a party of 3 (!). The week before Christmas, Joey started a new job, and our family was surprised when Baby Grey was born a month early! We celebrated Christmas Eve with Joey's family, and Christmas day with my mom and sister, opening presents and going to the theater for a movie marathon! The year ended with a Tide win against Michigan State, and we had a low key New Years Eve because we started January 1 with a trip to Vegas to see Michael Buble!

2015, you were a great year, but a busy year! Looking forward to a slower, but just as exciting 2016! XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments