Cooper Rex: 6 months!

8:00 AM


Bringing Cooper home.

We had no intentions of getting a dog. At all. We were walking around the mall (which we never do) and killing time when I had the brilliant idea to go into the pet store. Those were my last words.

The minute we walked in, I saw a chocolate lab and pointed him out to Joey (who was completely oblivious and looking at a Pomeranian). I should have known then it was game over. My husband has always wanted a chocolate lab, and he was in love immediately. We asked to hold him and he just curled up in our arms and was so sweet and mellow - especially for a lab! Joey got ahead of himself and asked what we should name him and I said, "Duh! Cooper! Cooper Costanzo! That's his name."

I immediately tried to correct my wrongs and told Joey we had to go pick up my sister from soccer practice and would have to leave. Instead I ended up leaving alone while Joey stayed behind with the pup, and when I returned with my sister in tow, we knew we couldn't leave this little guy.

And that's how we ended up with a dog.

The past 4 months with Cooper have been the best - filled with so much love and joy in our house. We're just so obsessed and in love with this little buddy!

So small!
Our Cooper is 6 months old today - yay, half-birthday! - and we think he's around 45lbs. He is a big boy who thinks he is a lap dog - always snuggling any chance he gets. Whenever we get home from work, he jumps 4 feet high with excitement, and then licks our faces all over! And once we're on the couch, there's no way we can get up because he must be draped on top of both of us at the same time.


He wants to be near us 24/7 and especially loves to follow me around the kitchen when I'm cooking (and no - he never gets scraps, he just likes being part of the pack!). If I stand in one place for longer than 30 seconds, he curls up on my feet like the picture above. It melts my heart every time.


We're not ready for our pup to become a big boy dog, but we are so happy he's ours!

You Might Also Like

0 comments