What's Up Wednesday: January 2016

3:21 PM

I thought I'd try joining my first-ever link up with What's Up Wednesday hosted by some of my favorite bloggers: Shay, Shaeffer, and Mel! Here goes...


What We're Eating This Week...


One of my friends in high school started a blog called The Savvy Spoon where she shares delicious recipes, and one of her recipes last week was a Hummus Crusted Chicken! My hubby is obsessed with hummus, so I knew he would love this. The hummus ensures the chicken isn't dry, and it's so, SO good.


Another thing we're eating this week is this low-carb Cajun Chicken Spaghetti Squash from Wicked Stuffed - and let me tell you, this is wicked good. Joey has been insisting on this every week recently, and now that spaghetti squash season is almost over, we're trying to enjoy it while we can!

What I'm Reminiscing About...

#nofilter...for real.
I feel like I'm always reminiscing about our honeymoon! Yesterday was a stressful day, and my sweet husband told me to close my eyes and walked me through a visualization of our honeymoon. It was the most perfect, special, incredible trip and I'm dying to go back.

What I'm Loving...

The warmer weather recently! January was a cold month - both literally and figuratively, for us - and I'm ready for warmer weather come February. Although there's talk of a crazy El Niño coming our way at the end of the month, and I can't say I would complain over a couple of cozy, rainy days!

What We've Been Up To...


SO MUCH FOOTBALL! I feel like January has been a wonderful football month for our little family! My husband's alma mater - Alabama - won the National Championship, and our NFL team is headed to the SuperBowl! We're feeling good!


What I'm Dreading...

Next month I'll be gone for 14 days, and I'm dreading being away from my sweet husband! He has been such an amazing support system to me the past few weeks and I really can't imagine leaving him for so long. Whenever I book trips, I always think it won't be so bad to be away, and then once the time comes, I start feeling really sad about leaving him and I hate it.

What I'm Working On...

My 2016 goals! I'm hoping with my travel in the next few weeks I will make a huge dent in my reading list (any recommendations?), but I've been failing at a lot of the others...an update on that soon!

What I'm Excited About...


Our one year anniversary in April! We booked an anniversary trip a few weeks ago, and I can't stop daydreaming about the perfect getaway with my best friend! It is much needed!

What I'm Watching/Reading...


We've already been quite the binge watchers this year...we've started and finished both Homeland and Making a Murderer, and now we're re-watching one of our very favorite shows, Mad Men! It's so interesting to watch from the beginning again now that we know where all of the characters end up. It's such an incredibly written show. Plus...Don Draper. Enough said.


I'm also planning on re-reading Lara Casey's Making It Happen to kick-start the year. I've also heard amazing things about The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I really really want to do a big purge of our closets and garage next month, so I hope this gives me the kick-in-the-butt that I need!

What I'm Listening To...


I am addicted to the Afternoon Acoustic playlist on Spotify! It's basically all of the current pop songs done acoustically. I personally am more fond of them than the originals!

What I'm Wearing...

Well, I'm of course wearing my fuzzy socks :) But other than that, I've been living in my Lululemon leggings lately. I have them in several colors and they're the easiest thing to slip on in the mornings - not to mention they make me feel cozy all day long! 

What I'm Doing This Weekend...

On Friday, I'm going to happy hour with some girlfriends to kick off the weekend before a dinner & movie (thoughts on The Revenant??) with the hubs! Then enjoying a relaxing Saturday before leaving for Atlanta for work for the week on Sunday morning...

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...


My mom, sister, and I are going on a cruise next month, so I'm pretty excited about that! But at the same time, I'm also looking forward to the time that I'll be home with my boys. :)

What's up with you?!
XOXO

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing that Hummus chicken recipe! That looks scrumptious! :) Enjoy your cruise! A girls trip sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course - you should definitely try it! SO easy and divine! XOXO

      Delete
  2. I have heard all about the Organizing book - do you think it's helping? Would you recommend reading it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it yet - I lost my Kindle charger and it is ruining my life! - but once I do, I'll review it! XOXO

      Delete