2016 Goals

8:00 AM


I've never been one for resolutions. If I've made them, I've never kept them. You don't even want to know how many years I have tried to read the Bible in one year...I basically know the book of Genesis by heart because that's as far as I've gotten. Every. Single. Time.

This year, the hubs and I decided that we weren't going to make resolutions, but goals instead. Achievable goals.

So, in an effort to keep myself accountable this year, here are my goals for 2016.

1. Go to church twice a month.

Last year was really chaotic for us, though our schedule should never be an excuse. We want to consciously make the effort to go to church more, and twice monthly seemed like a goal we could achieve this year.

2. Work out 3 times a week.

If you know me, you know I am the slothiest of sloths. I don't work out. The only working out I have ever done is cheerleading in high school, and a brief stint with pilates when we got engaged. We already have pretty healthy eating habits (Joey doesn't believe I can cook a fattening meal because I'm constantly subbing out for healthier options and never make a dinner over 450 calories...), so I want to try to be healthier in my lifestyle. Joey is really good about running and going to the gym, but I never fit those things into my schedule. Three times per week seems manageable to me.

3. Get my Real Estate license.

My husband is the AVP for a CRE Sales Firm, and we always fiddle with the idea of getting into residential investments, so the first step to that is getting my license! I may not do anything with it, but it will be fun to have just in case.

4. Read 30 books this year.

Combined, my husband and I read 44 books last year and I was pretty impressed. I think he read about 20 of them, which would have left me six books short of my goal for this year. I want to be more intentional about having quiet time with my Kindle and getting some reading in this year.

5. Save up to buy a house in July 2017.

We just renewed the lease on our townhome for another 17 months, which brings us to July 2017 at which point we would like to buy our first home! This year will be all about saving up and budgeting smartly so we can achieve this goal in the ridiculously expensive Southern California real estate market!

6. Be intentional: with our time, with our memory making & keeping, and with each other.

INTENTIONAL is our word for the year. We just want to make sure we are making the most of our time, and keeping this at the forefront of our minds when making plans and big decisions should help us to live a more meaningful, joyful life.

7. Make the people we love feel special.

I hate to admit that there are some things I am just terrible about and I think one of those things is making my friends and family feel special. I am not one to send birthday cards or gifts, or just call out of the blue, or send a note. I want to be better about that this year and let the people I love know how much they mean to me, even if I don't always show it.

Here's to achieving goals and making 2016 the best yet! XOXO


You Might Also Like

0 comments