A New Year and an Introduction

9:27 AM

We are officially head-first into 2016! With two of my resolutions being to be more intentional about keeping track of our memories and to find a creative outlet for myself, I figured starting a blog would be a great attempt to do so. So, without further ado, I feel like I should do a little introduction before I can get into that whole expressive/memory banking era of this blog.

I'm Megan!

image by Matthew Morgan
I'm a newlywed (that still counts after 8 months, right?) to my high school sweetheart, Joey (he goes by Joe but I will never, ever call him that. EVER.), and we were married in the most beautiful wedding in Nashville this past April.

image by Austin Gros
We live in Southern California, but our 9-plus year relationship has taken us from coast to coast. Starting in high school in Southern California, to long-distance between Nashville and Raleigh, to being together in Nashville, to long-distance between Nashville and Tuscaloosa, to long-distance between Tuscaloosa and Southern California, and finally, back together in Southern California - it's been a wild ride.

Prom '07
We recently brought home our first pup - Cooper! He's a chocolate lab who loves to snuggle his mama, play with his daddy, and make dinosaur noises in the mornings. We can't get enough.

Cooper does brunch.

I have an incurable travel bug. My friends are still trying to figure out how I traveled every single weekend during my senior year of college, took 3 weeks off to travel to Europe mid-semester, and still graduated on time. My husband and I travelled either together or separately every weekend for the first 5 months of 2015 straight, so we are trying to stay home more in 2016, while also satisfying our lust for travel everywhere and anywhere!

Honeymoon in Thailand.

I am seriously addicted to Coke Zero, which started as an addiction to original Coke stemming from my Grammy giving it to me in my bottle at 9-months-old. In high school I drank around 9-10 Cokes a day, and then switched to Coke Zero in college (mostly for caloric reasons, let's be honest), and now I have a few a week. My husband hates it (because he's basically convinced my insides must be complete mush by now), so I'm trying my best to stop.

We are SERIOUS about our football! I was born and bred a Florida Gator (my dad played there in the 80's), and I kept the SEC tradition alive by graduating from Vanderbilt, and then married an Alabama alum! Needless to say, our Saturdays are very busy in the fall, and the family rivalries are always fun...unless you're me. GO DORES!

Bryant Denny.
Other than my husband, my favorite two people in the world are my Mommy and my baby sister. They're my unit.

McTague girls.
And...my wedding vows included the words "slothiness" and "wine". I think that says it all.

Until next time! XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments